Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 13 She came back!!

I couldn't believe my eyes when I got to class last night and saw her sitting there waiting for class….I was shocked….No one ever comes back after leaving just 20 minutes into class.  So I popped on the bench next to her and starting asking about how she felt about her experience the previous night.  Of course she explained that she wasn't expecting it to be so hot and claustrophobic.  She said she just couldn't catch her breath.  I gave her a few tips on dealing with the heat in her first couple classes and said it doesn't matter how much you sit down…just stay in the room.  We walked into the studio together and she sat herself up right behind me.  She did leave the room once after standing separate leg head to knee pose….but the teacher went and got her during savasana and brought her back inside.  She tried to leave a couple of times but the teacher would not let her go. We did have a puker that ran out of the room.  I was glad to see the teacher let her run out!!  Occasionally on a sit up I would give my new yoga buddy a smile of encouragement….letting her know the pain is almost over!!  And she did it.  She finished the class.  Who knows if she'll come back again but she had to feel a sense of accomplishment after that….or else she just hates us all and thinks we're a bunch of crazy people!!  Either way I'm coming back for sure….17 more days to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment