Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 6 Ouch!

I walk into the studio ready to kill it thinking I'm on a roll.. class #6!  Alright!   I sign up and the guy says "Wow…this is only your 6th class…you have a long way to go" Thanks…that's the pep talk I needed!  No problem…Not going to let that bother me…I got this.  After yesterday's class I am going to have complete focus and determination.  Cute shorts…check. Cute top…check.  Looking good…no distractions.  As class starts I can feel myself getting into the zone…feeling it and working hard….knees are closer to locking, thighs not shaking so much, stomach muscles tucked in and tight.  Standing sequence complete!  Floor series starts….doing good….remembering "rock" lesson and squeezing inner thighs and knees together moving slowly into the postures to get them just right.  Head to knee pose and stretching pose comes.  Just to back track a little I have an old sports injury.  If I overstretch through my sternum and intercostal cartilage something weird happens…some sort of overstretch response I guess…not a doctor.  Anyway my ribcage and sternum feel like they are contracting and won't expand and I can't breathe deeply or lay down.  I have to be very careful when stretching to not pull too fast or too hard.  So I am very careful in camel and all those other obvious chest openers.  But who would have thought that I could injure this area in head to knee and stretching pose?!  Not me obviously.  Because wouldn't you know second to last posture and BAM!…I feel it.  I pulled my chest forward too hard.  Ouch! Immediately after class I take some anti-imflammatories to hopefully stop this from becoming a legitimate injury.   I am going to keep loading up on the ibuprofen and I guess we'll see what happens….not happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment