Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 7 ….

Not feeling 100% when I come to class.  Chest a bit sore and tight.  Not even sure if I should be going to class…but I am doing a 30 day challenge….not "skip a day" challenge so I persevere.  I let the teacher know what's going on with me so she will leave me alone if I sit out of certain postures and modify others and I tuck myself into the back corner of the room. Class starts and then I realise…Damn!  Every posture incorporates your chest somehow!! Thought before that maybe I could just concentrate on my legs and arms but that's not the case. Am I an idiot? How did I not realise this before?!  Well…I'm here now….might as well try to sweat and get the most out of it!!  I actually managed to do most of the class with some slight modifications….sitting out a few postures but still managing to get a good sweat going. On a positive note I can feel myself getting stronger and tighter, able to contract deeper into each muscle.  I really paid attention to my body during this class…noticing everything I was feeling.  It was hard on my ego to tone my practice down a bit but it was great for body awareness.  Hopefully I didn't cause any more injury and the heat and moderate stretching was a help rather than a hindrance…..guess I'll find out soon enough!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment