Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 14 It's only yoga

I really want some carbs!!  I have been really watching my diet and reducing my carbs to cut that extra weight off more quickly.  Nothing drastic…I am familiar with the pitfalls of radical dieting.  But I really want some pizza!!  I am making sure to eat some slower digesting carbs an hour or two before class so I will have the stamina to finish the class without collapsing due to low blood sugar.  It's a delicate dance to find the right balance.  I was feeling a bit low energy in savasana before class thinking that this is not going to go so well this evening.   Power through….that's what I told myself.  Funny that during class the teacher said that this type of yoga usually attracts type A personalities…that's me!!  But in the same breath she reminded us that "it's only yoga".  Relax. Breathe. This was really helpful during the spine strengthening series as I have a tendency to contract my entire body.  She reminded us to relax the fronts of ourselves to allow our spines to strengthen and become strong and more flexible.  In floor bow I was really able to kick my feet up behind me when I let go of my "front" and relaxed into it.  Amazing!  To my surprise I had a really strong class.  My triangle is super strong….working on opening my hips and rotating my spine….my knees are locked for almost the entire postures in the standing series.  My lower back is rounding a bit and becoming more flexible.  I looked and felt really strong!  But I still really want a pizza!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment