Friday, January 3, 2014

I must be crazy…..

So….Let me just start by saying I have been doing Bikram Yoga for a year fews.  I'm not that great at it.  I have taken a bit of a break over the past 3 months indulging on the good things in life and my body is definitely paying the price.  What better way to get back into shape than 30 days of hell in "Bikram's Torture Chamber"?!  That is a well deserved punishment for my over indulgence.

Yesterday was Day 1.  I always love when people post before and after photos so I can see the results but I am much to vain for that.  Let's just say that I don't look that good and I don't look that bad… So yesterday I spent the day hydrating and mentally preparing myself for the challenge ahead…I was pleasantly surprised that my first class went a bit better than I had imagined.  It was nice to see familiar faces welcoming me back….although silently judging me for my "new appearance"  (no….yogi's don't do that do they?!? ) Without the boring details I made it through and it felt good to sweat again…. I have lost some strength and flexibility of course….eating pizza on your couch is probably not going to make you stronger or more flexible…. But I held my head up high and focused on my postures and breathing and it felt good.  I am glad to be back.  I guess we will see if that holds true for class #2 in a few hours!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment