Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 15 Halfway there!!

Bikram Police!! Feeling great and strong for class number 15.  Find a nice quiet spot in the studio and prepare myself for sweat.  Lights turn on and the room is packed.  A man I have never seen but looks quite yoga-esque has set himself up beside me.  Now I know we are supposed to stare at ourselves in the mirror but I do have a wandering eye sometimes….I couldn't help but notice the man next to me.  His postures were absolutely amazing!!  His energy was so great and I have never seen anyone do such a perfect bikram yoga class!! Every posture was picture perfect.  So inspiring! I had a wonderful class practicing next to this man.  I fed off of his energy and stayed strong with him.  Afterwards in the locker room I heard someone mention that we had visitors tonight in class….I guess there were three of them.  They were from Bikram headquarters!  No wonder he was such a great practioner….he has dedicated himself to Bikram yoga.  I have always heard rumours about the so called "bikram police" but thought…no, not possible.  But yet here they were practicing with me in our studio!  I hope they had as wonderful experience as I did….the energy in the room was great.  It's reassuring to know that there are people making sure that Bikram yoga stays Bikram.  I know there are places around that claim to be Bikram but are not.  They are just yoga in a hot room.  I have also heard about shortened Bikram classes lasting only 60 minutes.  I like rules.  I like that Bikram yoga is the same class every time but yet each class is different in the way my body and mind process it.  I am happy that there are people traveling around the world to maintain the integrity of Bikram yoga.  Half way done….

No comments:

Post a Comment