Friday, January 17, 2014

Day 16 - Happy Birthday to me!!

So remember when I said that even though every class is exactly the same but different in the way your body and mind process it?  Well, I guess that was not entirely accurate.  I should also have mentioned that the energy in the room is different each class as well depending on the types of students participating. Last night was my bikram birthday class!! So excited right!?! Well I ended up in a class full of ….?  the correct word escapes me…don't want to be mean. Everyone was talking, walking about, laughing, giggling and the lady behind me just propped herself up on the wall and sat there for 90 minutes doing nothing!! The two times the instructor opened the door for some fresh air to give a bit of a reprieve from the heat she started to move in anticipation asking…"is it over?".  There were maybe 3 or 4 experienced practitioners and about 15 new people with no concept of how a bikram class was supposed to go.  The instructor tried to corral everyone at the beginning and explain the process of a 90 minute open eye moving meditation but the words just flew out the door because no one listened.  I think she just gave up and relied on us to lead by example which also did not work.  Pleased to report that I was still able to maintain my focus and practice and have a decent class despite all the walking about, talking, laughing and groaning.  Not to mention the people that think that blowing air in and out of their mouths forcefully is going to relax them and help them catch their breath….not a great class like the one before but I still felt like I had accomplished something at the end.  Happy Birthday to me!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment