Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 4 thinking hard

I am ready.  I am ready to implement all of the things I learned with the amazing, albeit somewhat humiliating, rock lesson.  Ready to stand up straight, not hyperextend my knees…squeeze the backs of my inner thighs and lock that knee!!  Tonight's class was a little difficult. I felt that maybe the teacher thought I was being lazy as I was taking extra time to get into the standing postures, but I was really focusing on getting my leg muscles working correctly. It's going to take some practice. My knees are still working on staying locked in the standing sequence and shaking like crazy in standing separate leg stretching!!  Sometimes my thighs shake so much I feel like everyone around me is watching and can feel the vibrations!!  But the shaking means I am trying!!   Next task, concentrating hard on my deep stomach muscles, pulling them in connecting them to my pubic bone….especially in standing separate leg head to knee pose.  Trying to keep my stomach muscles in tight while breathing when I'm bent over forward with my head on my knee is proving to be quite difficult! I still feel that over the few years I have been practicing I have made no progress in that posture.  The floor series was pretty good...thought about my knees and connecting my inner thighs to my pubic bone and stomach and lifting from the inside of my legs.  Not too much drama in this class….I was thinking a lot….probably over thinking a lot because I want to get it perfect.  Right?  Perfect like the girl who can do the splits in standing bow pose, or the one who can place her head on the floor in camel pose.  Even if I did a 1,000 day challenge I am probably never going to able to do that!  I will just keep doing what I can and see what happens…how far my body can go over time.  And trust me, if I ever am able to do either of those things I will post pictures for sure!!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment